Skip to main content

Reply to "What criteria are you looking for in a Summer team (Pre-HS)"

Originally Posted by joes87:
Originally Posted by CaCO3Girl:

Just to be clear, I haven't mentioned exposure once....my main concern is that he wants to find a good team, where he isn't the star.  This sounded odd to me, but he did clarify that if he is the best pitcher he will always pitch and not be able to catch because they are saving him for pitcher.  If he's always batting 3rd or 4th there is nothing pushing him to make himself swing better/harder/faster....he's a really competitive kid and I guess he's trying to tell me that he wants more...just trying to figure out how to get him in front of a team that has more, and which of the "Moore's" are important for development.

*shrug*...I would prefer he be on the same team for the next 4 years and find a good home for the long term, so maybe that is a good avenue to try to focus on.  Which teams have decent 16u/17u/18u teams.

As for what teams have we played that he liked the look of, there have been a few but they are geographically undesirable, as is where bballman thinks he should be playing, lol!

Just an FYI, I was not accusing you of looking for exposure.  I think a few of us side tracked the discussion....

LOL, it's all good Joes87 I just had visions of some older members coming on this thread and derailing the concept because they would be appalled if a parent was looking at exposure for their 12 year old!  My son is not thrilled starting 8th grade as a 12 year old but he has been made aware that if he wants to tryout next year for the high school team he will be up against other 9th graders that are 15, while he is 13, so he will have to work extra hard this year if he wants to make a splash in 9th grade.  After reading some of the threads about things said in the dugout I'm not excited with this concept, but not my team, not my dream.