Skip to main content

Reply to "What do college coaches say?"

Two examples of what coaches said:

A DII head coach said my son would be the starting center fielder the minute he set foot on campus(exact words). They saw him immediately stepping in as a leadoff batter they would build their basestealing offense around. They had a new coach who let go of many returnees and wanted to build a new team. They offered a full ride and pretty well told him whose money was being cut to pay for it. They were not a real successful program in the previous years.

A DII head coach offered him an opportunity (thats all he promised.) This was at a storied winning program. They did give him and us an invited visit where they paid for everything and the coach and his wife even took us out to dinner, so I guess he did show extra interest. Offered a good scholarship but not as much as the other school. This coach did not promise anything really. But in the end that's the one my son selected because he felt uncomfortable being promised too many things by the other school and he also liked the facilities and baseball tradition more. Of course we'll never know if the other school would have kept their promises.