Skip to main content

Reply to "What do college coaches say?"

I was pleasantly surprised when ALL the College Coaches we visited played it "straight up." You may have had to read between the lines to understand their statements, but never the less, I did not get the feeling that anyone was trying to "pull the wool over our eyes."

We found that the School and Coaching Staff he ultimately decided upon, handled the recruiting process the most professionally;

they let it be known early they were interested.
they scouted him over 35 at bats (he's position guy).
they offered full Tuition and books at the very first (only) visit.
they told us all why they wanted him (his bat), where they projected him playing (that changed), but didn't promise starting or playing time.
they have a National Championship and another appearance this decade, and actively promoted their program, tradition, staff and academic experience.

We had done our homework "due diligence" within the baseball community before going and came away even more convinced. Son verbally committed within a matter of days (by August).

He has never looked back. Told me last week that he is very happy with his decision. He may have chosen differently, if not for baseball, but definitely likes the school, loves the Staff, his teammates, and is excited about how "good" all the players are!

We couldn't ask for more. Now it's up to him to make his mark, earn playing time and work to become the best he can be!
Last edited by Prime9