Skip to main content

Reply to "What do you do when the scouts start calling?"

An advisor is basically an agent but you can’t call it that. I think it’s good to interview several and many of them will tell you what they think your best path would be. Some are great, some seem a little sleazy.  The one my son finally decided on actually made us a prospectus. They picked about 10 pitchers they thought were similar to my son that went in the draft from high school hs. It showed what they made and if they ever made it the pros, how many years it took,  how long they stayed. And they also showed a group of pitchers that were similar to my son who stayed and went to college and the outcome of that path. It is interesting. Once you get into Season, they will give you feedback as to what the scouts are saying,They will advise you on what events you might want to attend or who is wanting to see you. As we got close to the draft, they told my son how much teams were willing to spend on him, so we could start discussing what his best options were. Ideally, they have a  long term relationship with your son, so he needs to like and trust them.

Last edited by baseballhs