Skip to main content

Reply to "What Do You Think?"

Poker, like everything else, if done in moderation, can be a lot of fun.

My wife and I go "gambling" once a year. Nice dinner and then we spend about $200.00 bucks a piece. I was up $700.00 a couple of years ago playing blackjack when my wife convinced me I should try the slots....the most boring thing that a person can do in their lifetimes! I promptly proceeded to lose all my money. Mindless pulling of the arm or pressing a button.

I knew when to quit and kept the plastic in my pocket.

---

McGwire will be exposed with his buddy Canseco. I remember going up to Milwaukee to see Scott Spiezio's first year when he was with Oakland and commenting to his dad, Ed, that the players had the "biggest" arms that I had ever seen! Should have seen the batting practice show they, Canseco and McGwire, put on...with several of the balls clearing the light tower in left center...unimaginable power. I still don't believe that taking steroids help your eye-hand coordination. Would like to see a PhD candidate do a scientific study on the subject.

In my opinion, nothing much will get done by MLB (more than the "window dressing" that they've done to-date) because they are afraid of the players union.

Congress is doing their thing for "show". Ah, yes, politicians.