Skip to main content

Reply to "What does an Ivy, Patriot League or D3 coach do now to fill 2021 class?"

PitchingFan posted:

Purely amusement.  i didn't say they were posting but they do read it every now and then.  One has told me it gives him perspective when dealing with parents and a good laugh every now and then.

No one said that you implied that they posted.

If a coach has to come to the HSBBW to get a better perspective on dealing with parents, he can't be a very good coach.  Not sure if you meant HS or college coaches, but either way to suggest that they come here for entertainment is an insult to both parents and coaches. JMO

I also want to make clear, since you did not, that paid D1 coaches do not participate in camps or showcases and do not get paid for attending college showcases or any event on campus.  Don't confuse folks by making them think that if they saw XYZ  University was attending an on campus event or showcase, more than likely its the unpaid assistant.

This doesn't apply to the the larger events attended by paid coaches, like PG, PBR,  HF, who are actually recruiting because this is their job.   

Fact is that they have to pay the same gate fees as you do.

I know that you will take this the wrong way, but please be clear regarding your statements.  

Last edited by TPM