Skip to main content

Reply to "What does "go where loved" look like in your experience?"

Too often we think with our desires as opposed to logically looking at reality.

School # 1 the recruiting coordinator calls a kid, they have a good talk.  After that, the RC responds to texts but doesn’t initiate them himself.  Doesn’t call back for 3 months.  Then another good conversation happens and ends with him saying, I’ll text you next week to schedule a time to get you on campus for a visit.  The next week comes and goes.  Crickets.  The kid then texts the following week and says “Coach I’d still love to visit campus if you are still interested”.  Coach texts him back 5 minutes later and they schedule a visit.

School # 2.  Great conversation with the RC.  The Head Coach personally calls the kid the next day telling him “you are exactly the type of student athlete we want in our program” and then proceeds to go into details as to how the kid fits into their future plans, what type of majors would fit with the kid, sells the kid on the investments they are making in their indoor facility and how great the academics and Baseball at the school are.  The conversation ends with “let’s get you on campus as soon as possible, and I’ll call you back in 3 weeks, I really hope you choose our program”.

Only somebody who just blindly has their heart set on School #1 would even dare to think of them as a better option.