Skip to main content

Reply to "What happened at Sandburg?"

Fastball, Do not know who named you judge, jury and executioner. We need to remember these are 16,17 and 18 year old boys. No excuses, sounds like they are being punished for their mistakes. Would anyone condone their mistakes? probably not. I was that age once and played ball, made my share of mistakes and then some. Also, through the process of maturity learned from them and grew, life's lessons? I do not know what is worse, teenagers making mistakes or adults sitting back and judging them. I was once told if you are not a part of the solution, you are then a part of the problem. Fastball, I am sure your son has probably never done anything wrong, good for you, do not be so quick to judge others. Your son has probably stuck to every commitment he has ever made? Has he never left a team he committed to? Sainthood is only a small step away. I am sure these boys and their parents are quite embarrassed by the situatuion, as they should be. Thankfully, no one was injured or worse and hopefully many very important lessons learned. Best wishes to all the Ball players, even those foolish enough to make mistakes!!