Skip to main content

Reply to "What happened to your kid/you on 9/1 of your Junior year?"

baseballhs posted:
CaCO3Girl posted:

Edcoach, the coach can’t send an email at this moment about anything other than a camp.

It is kind of funny the way they try to work around things though.  One coach would send my son emails that said things like:

As you know, I can't reply to your text (He didn't send one anytime around this email).  The rules mean that I can't even ask you to send me the name of your summer team, I can't ask your what tournaments you will be pitching in, I can't ask you what showcases you are attending,  I can't ask you what time you are pitching, or in which games...

It was like directions on everything he was looking for from my son. It would crack us up every time he sent one.

I loved those emails.  My son would also get the text from his coach saying, you need to call coach ________.

On a side note, I wondered what the rule was since I was my son's high school coach.  I had one coach that I knew was not recruiting another player of mine who asked about our season, that player, and how the rest of the team was pitching and hitting.  Never used my son's name.   I had another who would talk to me all the time but never looked at me.  Just stood or sat next to me and would ask how the team was doing.  Interesting it was always when my son was on the mound.