Skip to main content

Reply to "What has happened to the Illinois Forum?"

Play Baseball, wow, Kelly really is doing well.  She is a great kid.  I enjoyed the time we all went out to eat.  BB is struggling a little not playing.  It is such a drastic change in her life.  She has been working as a permanent substitute teacher in St. Louis.  So far, she has worked every day since graduating.  Hopefully, she will get a permanent job and get on with her life.  She is coaching a 12U Team and they are really going to be good.  One player reminds me a lot of BB and so, I think she will do well in HS and College.  She seems to have the same love and drive BB had. 

You already know this but I also greatly respect Kelly's coach.  When BB got hurt at the end of the year against Kelly's school, that coach went out to talk to her between innings and tried to get her to smile.  BB tore her meniscus and finished the year playing in a lot of pain.   I sent Kelly's coach a thank you for taking the time to be so kind to my daughter.  I hope that all is going well with you and Woodrow. 

Take Care,

Darrell