Skip to main content

Reply to "What has happened to the Illinois Forum?"

To be honest, the Chicago-land schools had a big contingent on here and we threw around a lot of discussions like who was headed South for a Spring trip, what teams were the teams to beat, what players were ones to follow, etc.  In the South, myself and others answered those same questions.  Besides a good north/south discussion, Chicago land had great discussions on conferences and often who was scheduled on the bump when such and such school played.  I coach HS Baseball then and so, I always ran into Chicago land schools in tournaments.  We often played Tinley Park Andrew, Oak Forest, ... at some point in the season and back then, more than a few HS coaches were on this site and followed some of these clashes.  My teams were pretty good back in the day.  Naturally, draft day was also pretty special.  I made a lot of friends back then and understand that many of them have moved on since their sons stopped playing.  Still, there is a lot of room for getting this forum back on track and reading about baseball from the State of Illinois.  

Take care,

Darrell