Skip to main content

Reply to "What has happened to the Illinois Forum?"

itsrosy posted:
Hello Coach Butler! What a great New Years surprise to hear from you and all the others from our once flourishing Illinois forum. But, time marches on. I’m marching with a brand new knee; I’m now on the wrong side of 70 but life is good. My Cubs won a WS and I was alive to see a couple of games in person. Darrell, your little girl is a grown up beautiful young lady. Our son Jordan is now finishing his 3rd year of med school, but still finds time to always talk Baseball with his Dad. That’s a gift I treasure with all my heart. Hope all of you have a great 2018.

> On Jan 17, 2018, at 10:36 PM, HS Baseball Web <alerts@hoop.la> wrote:
>
>

It is great to hear from you again.  Time sure flew.  I also have to have some major work done.  My right knee and right hip have to be replaced.  In fact, I can barely walk at times now.  Your son in Med School has to make you so proud.  That is the tough road and he'll do well!  Being a Cardinal Fan, it was tough seeing the Cubs win the World Series and yet, I'm a National League Fan and so, rooted for them.  History was made and it was special.  I'm glad that you got to see it.  

I'm going to try to be consistent in posting in the Illinois Forum and see if I can get some activity here again.  We know from my area that Edwardsville and O'Fallon  will be good again.  They just reload.  Still, there are other programs on the rise and we'll see how they do.