Skip to main content

Reply to "What has happened to this site?"

quote:
Originally posted by VA_Sportsmom:
Jeez,
Some of you are PROVING Chick's point (at least the part about reluctance to post) by pouncing on him. And while I think his suggestion of a full overhaul is a bit extreme, I think there are some "issues" this community should and could deal with. Can we not proceed in the spirit of 08Dad's post? I think he's on the right track by offering some positive suggestions. Thanks, Dad...

I don't feel like we are "pouncing" at all.

There was a purpose to Chicks original post. It not only invited, it DEMANDED either support or rebuttal. You either agree or disagree.

I've been around for 5 years and it's pretty much the same as it alway has been.... Some great information, some dumb questions, some teasing, some disagreement a few heated exchanges and some problem posters.

Changing the board, in essence requires changing the human nature of the posters. The people attracted to this site and become active are either 1) passionate about baseball or 2) passionate about their kids playing baseball. There will occasionally be a bit of a biting edge, but it's really not that much of a problem.

-------------------
The old saying: "Perception is reality", Chicks perceives that there is a problem so to him there is a real, rock-hard, honest problem. Most others, from either being think-skinned (which I'm not) or being older (which I probably qualify full in that category), take most that is said with a grain of salt ... or at times, by using the entire shaker.

--------------------------
Thank goodness for Bullwinkle !!!!!

---------------------------
So, finally, we get back to the central questions.
What was the purpose of Chicks post??
Is there a problem?
Is he just stirring the pot for the fun of it??
Has it changed??
Does he have a problem with a few of the posters??
Should all of us have a problem with the same posters??

---------------------
I disagree with his main premise though. This place is different that a "regular" board. Frequently people will come here and ask questions that would ever dream of using a regular board. It's a "specific purpose" location to them.