Skip to main content

Reply to "What has happened to this site?"

Chicks, there is an entire new regime here and the old barb types very seldom post anymore.

I'm one of those who is reluctant to post anymore. I very seldom visit the site anymore and try only to leave a smidgen of information that my be of some use to a young player looking for answers.

MN-MOM has been more than fair and I'm happy to see that she is having success with this website.

I started out coaching a long time ago, probably have forgotten more baseball than most people know, but it is only useful if others want to listen.

I've seen PGStaff try many times to mediate arguments here and he has bee a good source for everyone.

Of course there are politics as usual a in all places where human interaction happens, and there are the clique members here also...but I don't take them to seriously.

There are good members that try to contribute in a positive way and those are always interesting to read, when they do speak to issues dealing with some aspect of baseball...posters like, bbscout, redbird5, frankf, PGStaff, JustBaseball, etc.

Posters that contribute and post controversial subjects like Dibble, I think try to kick-start discussions.

Posters that relish jabbing others, then feign some innocent posture about it is fine as long as it is done with humor, but so often in the past it hasn't been that way.

There is no doubt that I have had my ta-tee-tas with members, but a lot of it, I confess, was just yanking their chain since they were throwing insulting or insinuating cr*ap up against the wall and seeing whether they could make it stick.

I've been called a HM parent here, and been told my son's BB career could be dead because of that. I take no offense with that since I know, after playing and coaching that so much of what goes on here is no different than what goes on in any competitive sport.

In the end my son's BB career will rise or fall based upon his ability to get people out. If he can show that he can against the best competition, there isn't a coach in this country that wouldn't want him on their pitching staff. That I am certain of.

Trash talking and backstabbing go on in all sports, though I detest it vehemently.
Last edited by Ramrod