Skip to main content

Reply to "What HAVE we done?"

I am with Coachb25 here.

We are still only half way to the number of people ding that are killed by medical professionals each year.  That's right estimates are medical mistakes kill about 275,000 people each year.  Yet here we are thinking the plague has arrived among us and we must "show" we are doing something to defeat it.

This thing is awful - but far from the end of the world.  Darwin might even observe this is a necessary thing to cull the heard - because it can be argued we have too many lumpy excuses for people - I am one of them.  

Our great-great grandparents from the 1800's had 50-60 year life expectancies died in huge numbers from TB and dysentery.  They dug holes to crap in lived in the dark when the sun went down.  I am sure they are laughing at us wishing they had our problems.  I would if I were them. 

Suck it up and press forward.  Hopefully our great-great grandchildren will be as grateful to us as I am of mine.  Do what you think you must but if you have stopped living and gone to ground - I think that is not really living at all.  The entire history of human beings is to face the hazard and overcome.  At some point a generation will come along and fail - I hope we are not it.