Skip to main content

Reply to "What HAVE we done?"

Everything my family has done is pretty much the same as what most of you have posted. I will say, the saddest moment of this whole thing for me was my annual guy's trip to the Boston area with my son. We've been doing it for 8 years now and have created some neat traditions. Couldn't do any of the things we normally do in Boston, including a trip to Fenway. That was disappointing, but nowhere near as bad as the visit to see my grandmother. She's 92 and healthy but has asthma. She lives with my aunt and uncle. My aunt had us sit on one side of the porch with masks and my grandmother on the other. Grandmother kept asking us to sit closer and to give her a hug. She went on about she didn't care about the virus and she wouldn't want to die in a few months and not being able to hug us one last time. I've always been very close with her and it killed me to not break the rules my aunt made. 

I spoke with her the other day and she seems very depressed. My aunt and uncle have basically separated the parts of the house so they don't really interact other than talking through a door. or window.