Skip to main content

Reply to "What HAVE we done?"

TerribleBPThrower, this is the part that is sad.  I have kids of our Senior Adults that have put so many restraints on them that they have said this is not living.  The kids are so afraid of the virus that they won't let their parents do anything.  One couple has not left their house or seen anyone other than by technology which they can't use very good in going on 6 months.  The man told me over the phone that he is sick of this.  The daughter is such a germophobic that her father in law has it even though he has shown no symptoms but was tested positive.  She has quarantined herself and her husband for 3 weeks now even though both tested negative.  How do people get this afraid of something?  I don't want to die but I also love to live.  I choose not to go places that restrict my ability to live. I understand if others choose to live this way but I refuse to completely change how I live and yet am adamant I protect those who are vulnerable most of the time by staying away unless they want me to come see them.  I have several senior adults who say give me a hug or shake my hand.