Skip to main content

Reply to "What HAVE we done?"

@PTWood posted:

I am overseas for work and did not come home for my younger daughter's Big 10 Championship game, my father's death or funeral, to move my older daughter into her first apartment for her senior year, or to see all of the fun things happening for my son this summer like the Ultimate Baseball Championship and East Coast Pro. My son and husband returned from GA this morning and will test and quarantine per the requirements of our governor since they were in states with an incident rate of more than 10%. Here in Mozambique, we primarily work from home, wear masks and wash our hands before entering office, stores or any public places. I am praying that things will have stabilized enough by September for me to be able to see my family and to go to the PGAA Classic in OK if it happens. Having said that, my kids and my husband and my Mom are all healthy and well. Technology allows us to stay in touch much better than would have been possible even 5 years ago and my three kids got to spend months of quality time together which hasn't happened in years because of their normally busy schedules. It has been hard for us and harder for others but there have been COVID rainbows and I am grateful. 

What an interesting story. Sounds like a wonderful family that you have.  I would love to know what you do in Mozambique!

And kudos to your husband and son for taking the time to quarantine.

Here in Florida, that was supposed to happen but it hasn't. One of the reasons we became a hot spot.