Skip to main content

Reply to "What is HS Baseball?"

quote:
Originally posted by crawdad:
quote:
Originally posted by 06RHP86:
I do feel that high school baseball is a great thing for many people. However, if you're one of the lucky few that is going to play beyond high school, then school ball can be a hindrance. I know that in my case, the fact that I'm going to play beyond high school alientates me from some of my teammates, and there is the all to common abuse of my arm that can take place. So for those highly touted players, high school ball can be a hindrance, but still, ball is ball, and you have to play hard.

In Texas your attitude would cause you a few problems. High School ball here is very competitive. In the past 4 years the top two pitchers taken in the MLB amateur draft have come from my son's 8 team high school district (NE Texas - Colt Griffin & Phillip Humber). We will have two pitchers drafted in this year's draft (we are in 17-4A - one of the pitchers is the #43 prospect in the USA).

I doubt you would be anything special down here. Move to Texas and see how you stack up down here playing that sorry ol high school baseball.

o6rhp86, High School ball and summer ball are both important and fun if you plan to play at the next level. Summer ball can be a more advanced level for the better players and it can also be a lower level for those that just want to play more baseball but did not make the elite summer team.

When this time of year comes around in California, all the scouts are watching the young prospects on their High School teams and they will be drafted according to how they perform and showcase their tools while playing on their High School team.

If you hope to be drafted this June and are in High School, you better be on the team, or you won't be seen.

As far as which teams are better, in my neck of the woods, there are only a few summer teams that are full of top players. Most of the summer teams are very comparable to the High School teams.

My son has great memories from his High School team and from his summer team. The summer team was much better, but his best pals were on his High School team, and they are the memories that he will always have and the friendships that will last a lifetime.