Skip to main content

Reply to "what is next?"

TR you are so right. I think if the kids could just play, there is no pressure. Many of the so called pressures is coming from outside sources, i.e. parents. When I used to coach, I always thought the game would be so much better for the kids, if the only ones who attended the games were the players, coaches, and umpires. No politics, parents, and all the petty problems. Jeez, 6 year old "elite" traveling teams, people need to get a life, and let kids be kids, and grow up on their own time, at there own speed. Parents need to stop trying to make kids something they are not. Is it the parent who wants the kid to be a baseball player, or the player himself. I actually had a kid tell me once, I don't really like the game, but I play because my dad wants me too. So, when I was coaching I asked the dad about this, and he said the same thing, "my son doesn't really like baseball, but that is too bad because I do, and he can't quit. What a shame, kids heart just wasn't into it, and it showed on the field.