Skip to main content

Reply to "What is right thing to do?"

2013, you are right, you do come across as a me first type guy. You say your aren't but it's our actions that really show who we are. I bet you'd feel differently if you son decommitted and accepted at his dream school only to have the dream school change their mind and go with someone of more tallent! You would certainly cry foul but you would have no right too.

If you accept something, that is a possition you take from someone else who's dream school that may be. It's a whole snow ball and your actions do affect many others. Isn't that the most important thing to impart on your kids? Sometimes the best advice is to be happy with what you have rather then continue to envy what you don't have. I bet that lesson would do all our children more good in life then almost any other.

I hope you reconsider your attitude as if too many people feel that way then it impacts the rest of us as why should a coach be held to a higher level of integrity then a recruit? It does matter, it does affect others and it does affect who your son turns into.

One wonderful thing about this site is all the grounded, honest people who share their opinions....swampboy and infield dad, I am glad to share your opinion on this.