Skip to main content

Reply to "What is right thing to do?"

quote:
Dream school showed some interest, but nothing substantive.
He deposited at a DIII that recruited him every step of the way.
During the Summer after his deposit, two DI's and a JC made a heavy run at him. He stayed with the DIII.
During Summer Wood bat leagues after his sophomore and junior years, he was offered a number of spots at major nationally ranked DII programs and a number of DI's. One ACC school actually had him admitted.
He stayed with the DIII and the coach who committed to him during that 12 month recruiting process.

I think that is something very special and shows great character. At the same time it goes to prove there are coaches out there who don't have a problem taking a player away from another college. Or is it OK to go from DIII to DI, but wrong to go DII to DI?

The truth is they changed the transfer rule because too many athletes wanted to transfer because they were unhappy. In other words, you could say lots of people were making mistakes.

On the other hand, beware of the grass not being greener at the dream school. In some cases the dream school becomes the nightmare school. BTW, Dream school to me is the one that wants me the most out of those that are acceptable.

Another thing to think about regarding "verbal" commitments. These have been broken many times and by both sides. The actual LOI signing is another thing.