Skip to main content

Reply to "What is your experience with Summer Leagues?"

@PABaseball posted:

Experience with summer leagues - maybe it's the cynic in me, maybe I don't know enough about the pro circuit, but it seems like if you're not in a top summer league it's pretty useless, at least in regards to your draft status.

For reps, work, etc sure. But I don't think playing in a random middle of the road summer league is going to do much. Especially if the league is mostly players at or below the player's school level.

Mine was supposed to go to Alaska last year, with Covid it didn't happen. He was then assigned to a decent league that was a mixed bag (high D1 bench players to guys at random D2s) of players a few hours away from school since at the time they didn't know what was going to happen with covid again. He decided 57 games in 65 days wasn't worth it and decided to just workout and make some money over the summer. Can't say I blame him for said decision. His teammates are there right now and the "fun" of it is wearing off and they want to go home

I agree.  Especially if the team has has 3 or 4 kids splitting time at a position.