Skip to main content

Reply to ""What is your GPA?.....Tell me about your test scores""

Buzzard05 posted:

Before paying for tutors, have your kids try Khan Academy.  It is free, and they partner with the College Board (company that does the SAT).  Your kids can log in with their account and it will pull up their PSAT and/or SATs and create customized practice plans based on where your kid had shortcoming in their tests.  My kids did it (as have friends of ours) and they all had great results.....and did I mention it's FREE.

I second Khan Academy!!  My son used it last year before taking his first SAT and improved his score by 250+ points over the PSAT.   He is taking the SAT again this month and studying targeted/customized questions based on the questions he missed the first time around is really helpful.  He really likes the flexibility of being able to study on his own schedule and squeeze in some time between other activities.  The one thing they don't really do is teach test strategy.  I know some kids who used an individual tutor and they learned a lot of great strategies that help with time management, etc.