Skip to main content

Reply to "What now? Lost summer"

quote:
Originally posted by RJM:

We don't see JuCo as an answer. JuCo ball stinks in our region. With all due respect to those who have sent sons to JuCo's I don't see it as an acdemic solution for my son.

RJM,

If RJMjr were to transfer to 4 year institution from a Juco and where he would ultimately get his degree the diploma is not going to say, 'But, he did attend a academically inferior Juco...' It's going to say it was awarded from the university where he earned the degree.

I had to send my daughter and now a son to a Juco for financial reasons prior to attending a university. They both were capable of entering a university as a Freshman, but it was a family decision based on economics. If your son can get into Harvard, Yale or Stanford with strong academics all the power to him, but please don't undervalue a Juco education as a foundation for attendance in a university.

I understand you want the best of a baseball and academic challenge for your son. I can appreciate this point...Maybe a high quality NAIA college would be a good match such as Fresno-Pacific, Concordia or Park University. Lots of good baseball at NAIA colleges and a quality education. My daughter graduated from Ottawa University in Kansas with a music teaching degree and was very pleased with her education.