Skip to main content

Reply to "What's a good offer? Should we hire a consultant?"

@Ripken Fan posted:

Kudos to your son's academic record. Don't sacrifice his academic aptitude in selecting a school. Wish he would reconsider Ivy League, but I get it. We live in New England and son had a limited Geographic area (probably no further West than Illinois and no further south than VA or Carolinas.) Son focused on HA D1's (primarily Ivy, Patriot).  No need for a consultant as your son already has an offer. It's trite but true, best way to get offers is to have the first one. My son received an offer of the school he would attend only after Big State U offered earlier the same day.  I believe that you have plenty of time (PO timetables stretch out much later than position players, especially if school has smaller roster). Good luck.

I had to laugh about majors not requiring papers, My baseball son was a STEM in college largely for that reason--He also liked the "black/white" nature of math/science...you show your work and get the answer through a process. My non athlete son is in the philosophy/theology field--lots of reading and papers.

Ha! Thanks so much. This is great advice.

Our sons seem like they could be twins.