Skip to main content

Reply to "What's next?"

Hello - I'm new to the site and this topic caught my attention.

My son is not D1 material but he has received some good interest from Jr. Colleges in the northeast that we really like (dorms, beautiful rural area, affordable, small class size, awesome facilities).

Several coaches talked to him on the phone for about 10-15 minutes, they have texted and emailed him, sent him Merry Christmas letters and asked him to apply to admissions, and invited him for a visit. One of them even followed up on the admissions process and another sent him a personal Merry Christmas note hand written. One of the coaches said on day one that he feels he will be a good fit for his program.

I'm really excited about all of the schools and I'm hoping maybe someone can estimate what level of interest the coaches have based on the information above. We're hoping to commit before spring season is over but don't want to be pushy. At the same time  we would like to express our interest and get an idea of their level of commitment. Is there a correct way to come out and ask the coach if they feel  a commitment is close? Perhaps ask "...Coach - what can I do to earn a spot on your team...?"

Thanks and have an awesome New Year