Skip to main content

Reply to "What's Your Transfer Story?"

TPM posted:
Francis7 posted:

Son has 6 coaches that offer him instruction from time to time. All played college ball. Half of them transferred schools during their college career. 

That's half. And, I've heard references in the past that 50% of baseball players will transfer rather than play all 4 years at one school.

As a player and/or parent of a player, what's your transfer story? Why did you transfer?  When did you do it? How hard was it? Did you initiate it or someone else? Looking back at it, was it worth it? What was the best and worst part of it?  Having done it, what are you recommended do's and don't's?

Francis7,

FYI, quite a few years ago the NCAA started holding D1 institutions  accountable for their very poor APR (Academic Progress Rate) in baseball.  It used  to be like a revolving door and  and players were not graduating on time because they lost credits.  So they made the transfer rules harder.

As far as the statement about you hearing references that 50% of players will transfer, please site your source.

I agree with GOOSEGG, why are you wasting your time with this?  Why would you need to know people's transfer stories, and why would anyone want to share that on a message board, but I guess there are good stories as well as bad.

If a player does what he needs to do, he won't have to transfer.  That includes trying to walk onto a program where your skills don't match the program. The biggest reason IMO is why players transfer.

just delete the bolded from your minds, I am sure / hope it wasn't intended the way it was written.