Skip to main content

Reply to "What say you..."

Wow, I am a tad bit shocked to read everyone advocating for the easier route.  I guess what they say about today's society is true, nobody wants to take the hard road.  College athletics is not about just athletics.  Based on what OP put I would and I would want my son to attend program A.  You are going to learn hard work, you are going to learn tradition, you are going to learn perseverance, you are going to learn patience, you are going to learn how to be a team player.  Program B will hand you a life lesson of no competition and a me now approach.  I would be disgusted if a coach told my kid they could start all 4 years, I would automatically cross them off the list.  There is a huge difference between chance to start and start.  I want my kid to earn whatever he gets.  Also, in regards to getting drafted and playing professionally.  Might want to find the thread or google Ben Zorbrist.  Also There is a player name Evan Longoria who nobody wanted out of High School but a Junior College.  You never know!