Skip to main content

Reply to "What schools to avoid and target"

Quick search:  Google the COA (cost of attendance) for each.  Then, look at the rosters to see where the players come from.  Then mapquest each to see how far from home.  (You do want to go to games, don't you?).  Sometimes the player's bios on the roster will tell if the players are All Americans, or what accolades they had in HS, and you can see if your son is that mix. 

The list of schools listed above are all over the map in location, baseball, and price tag.  There are similar schools to each of those listed that are not on this list that you may want to reach out to after the showcase. 

Side note:  I have mentioned on this site in the past that my son wanted to go to Texas Christian (this is when he was an 8th grader, and I think they were playing in the CWS that he was watching on TV, and who doesn't want to be a Frog?).  I looked at the roster and ALL BUT ONE OF THE PLAYERS were from Texas.  This little Virginia boy was not going there.  Texas (and Florida and California) can pick and choose from their own state.

Remember, you want to go where you can play.