Skip to main content

Reply to "What schools to avoid and target"

@Dadof3 posted:

The varsity coach pulled Son aside after practice when some of the other kids were not within hearing distance and told son he knows of a good camp that he thinks son should attend.  I doubt varsity coach has any interest in separating son from his money

Keep in mind, the coaching baseball community is very small and they all talk. They are like a bunch of 80s housewives when it comes to gossip at times and discussing players, etc. They don’t subscribe to hippa laws😀 He may be doing a favor for an old buddy that contacted him about prospects in the area. Who knows. Those of us that have raised boys have seen it all and have been fleeced along the way😀 Just trying to help is all. Personally, I wish my sons would have played all sports if I’d have it over again, played with his buddies in low-level leagues as long as humanly possible with no parent coaches (including me!) and then around hs, start looking at some form of off-season individual training for the sport/position that showed promise. And if a showcase was done, it would have been one entering his senior season (likely). PG would never have seen a dime from me outside of possibly the one showcase. Good luck and by all means, enjoy the ride because that’s by far the best part!