Skip to main content

Reply to "What steps did you take after HS?"

I have known FF since his son was in high school, and IMO no one that I know personally has worked as hard as he has to have his son seen by a LOT of people.

Instructional academy at 3?

If I remember correctly you came here a few years ago not understanding why your son who had so much upside but no interest? Didn't those top instructors explain that to you? I would have thought that by now you would understand what it takes to get to the level he would like to someday.
Projection doesn't always become a reality, and a pitcher these days is not drafted on projection alone, but rather if he gets people out and what they throw to get them out. There's certain criteria a 3-4 year college pitcher needs to even be a consideration. The draft has become more and more competitive, and a lot of it is based on metrics as well. The most important being how he pitches against wood. The more wood they see while in college the better they become, for all players. That means playing during summer and working on becoming stronger even before they get back to campus.

I would suggest that you might consider letting your son take responsibilty for his future and discuss these options with the coaches you sent him to play with. They are the ones that will help make it happen along with the trainers and those that work on his conditioning.
FWIW, professional ball begins each season with spring training, ML begins in Feb and milb in march with some milb players asked to come early for training with the big leaguers. Championship season begins first week in april and goes to first week in september, then there are league and division playoffs. Some variations between levels.

I am surprised at yuor statement maybe you are unaware of the fact that professional players get paid to play, therefore they have no time to do anything but that in summer.
Last edited by TPM