Skip to main content

Reply to "What to ask?"

CFL USA Elite posted:
Smitty28 posted:

I never like being in a situation where I have to ask the coach something in order to know the answer.   I would much prefer to talk to other parents who's kid participated in the program and have some specific knowledge.  I'm looking for as unbiased as possible, but I want to hear stories about kids that got "screwed" too to hear that side.  Regardless of how I get the info, I'd want to know things like how does he see my kid ranking talent-wise on his team, where does he see my son getting playing time, how does he allocate playing time in tournaments (i.e., round-robin, earned, etc), what tournaments do they participate in, how many players do they typically take to big/small tournaments, what are the costs.  I'd also like to know practice schedule and logistics (where, when), what kind of development programs they offer (weight training, skill training, hittinIg facilities/programs, throwing programs).

I have some good advice for parents and players in those types of situation, parents should not listen to other parents especially when their son has had a bad experience everybody’s different that doesn’t mean that your son will have a bad experience your son might really love that coach and that whole atmosphere and situation so parents please know your place also these are high school players now they’re not nine and 10 years old and let them figure out what their role is on the team that benefits the team