Skip to main content

Reply to "What to do?"

Thanks for all your replies!

I know you all do not know the entire situation and that is the hard part. If everyone could understand the things that were said during the recruiting process and conversations the pitching coach had with me when they expressed how badly they wanted my son and the promise of how they will make him into a top three round pick. I can see by some of the posts that many people are doing some assuming. Be rest assured that any decision that would be made regarding him transferring would completely be his. We have also raised him to be humble and not have attitude or be cocky. He is very easy to get along with and has lots of friends, pretty happy go lucky.

I can only help guide my son, he is an adult now and this is HIS career not mine. I have thrown out the words and phrases of know your role, learning and growing, being a good teammate, when you get your opportunities run with it, keep your chin up, this time will pass, suck it up. This whole ordeal hurts me because I know that this is only a short time in his life and he will get through it being a stronger person and hopefully a better pitcher. It really doesn't matter to me where he pitches at, but I like to see him finish it out where he is at. Not to mention all the money we have already sunk into the gear. (t-shirts, hats, hoodies)

I did have him look at responses on here when I called him last night so we'll see if that helps, but in talking to him I can hear it in his voice. "I have had it with a coach who tries to manipulate people and I can't believe anything he says. I don't want to go through with another year of this." There are other things he said regarding how his teammates feel about the situation but I won't print that and don't think it would be fair.

BTW, I have urged my son to sit down and talk with the coach. He feels uncomfortable in doing that at this point, although I keep telling him this is how adults work out differences and get things resolved. He feels the coach will just shoot down anything my son has to say. It's sad that son feels that way. Maybe it would be best for him to move on.

PG, He is signed to pitch in the Northwoods League this summer for the Green Bay affiliate.

Thank you to the one person who PM'd me regarding what I was looking for, transfer rules and some place that he might be looking to transfer to. I didn't want this to turn into what it has.