Skip to main content

Reply to "What to do in front of a scout"

I guess this is one of those questions that I have to turn my head sideway at.  So, I'm asking myself why would someone go out of there way to act differently for a scout......shouldn't this be a 24x7x365 effort?    Agree with JOEMKTG character is certainly important.  How about leadership, composure too.  Coaches want guys that are going to solve their problems not guys that are going to create more problems.  Put yourself in the coaches shoes, always.

kanye87 posted:

The pitching coach from my top school is coming to my next game. What should I do to try to impress him? Throw as hard as I can? show command? off-speed? I am a 2017 RHP who stays about 85-88 at showcases. I have a good slider but rarely throw it for strikes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Certainly impress him with your pitches.   Stay within yourself and don't overthink things.  Always impress him with your positive attitude and competiveness.    At the end of the day, you want to make a good impression to an organization that is considering you.  After you pitch, ask the scout for feedback....what did you do well and what do you need to work on.  JMO.