Skip to main content

Reply to "What to do when coach starts playing "Daddy Ball""

I agree with TR. We wouldn't quit as we made a commitment to this team. What kind of parents would we be if we just quit to find greener pastures (and as we all know they may not be greener)? Fortunatley my son's hard work and dedication is making it very difficult to justify keeping him out of the line up. But, there are several players on the team whose fathers happen to be the coaches. One of them is several years younger and although a good player for his age, not able to play with this age group. It was made clear to our boys that LL would be difficult to do as the travel team should always be first priority. So while every player on the team gave up their final year of LL (12's) coaches son decided to play and dad decided to take his team! His brother is clearly not the strongest at his position but is the only player to not sub this year. Many other situations but mostly the fact that the coaches are starting to get on to other players for often times the actions of their sons. Team morale is starting to go down and for the first time ever, I heard my son say that he didn't have a good time playing (it was a practice but generally anything to do with BB is great to him). Anyhow, I know we should pretty much butt out but it is difficult to watch and things are getting worse and not better. This fall things were good and all was positive, but this year, something's changed and coaches are having difficulty doing what's best for the team and not best for their sons. Sorry for the rant but I know you will understand.