Skip to main content

Reply to "What to do when coach starts playing "Daddy Ball""

Callaway--I agree with you. I am not opposed to a coach's kid getting to start or batting clean up or wherever---as long as he earns it. In this instance there are 4 (yes 4) of 11 players belonging to a coach. One, has earned his spot. The others, well, some don't even belong there (see initial post) and the others are not having to even try to win his spot. This is a problem as not only is it costing games, but more importantly bringing morale down as the others know that it doesn't matter how hard you try, extra hours, good attitude, etc...you will still be subbing and "Johnny" will do whatever he wants. Heck, he was batting clean up for quite a while with a .092 batting average. I don't have a problem with players sitting, even my own. But, when you start subbing your better ball players I think the pine time should be shared, including coach's kids, especially if they are underperforming enough for other teams to comment on it. At 12, move em around, let them play many positions, get lots of at bats, and have fun.