Skip to main content

Reply to "What to expect?"

My son ended up committing right before the start of the high school season his freshman year (before covid shut it down). We did also get lets of comments of not to commit that early. The school at the top of his list offered him. But he ended up not going with that school. He chose a school that was really not on his radar to start with but ended up being blown away by the coaching staff. It was one of those gut feelings where it just felt right and like the saying goes "go where you are loved". So even though your son may have some of his top schools in mind, its always good to keep an open mind and soak in all the information each school provides. Your son will start to get a feeling who is serious about recruiting him and who is talking to him to just keep tabs on him because he may be further down their list. We got that vibe from some schools and when my son called it almost felt like it was a "hey thanks for checking in. Talk to you again in a few weeks".

I do see some of his friends now that are caught up in some of the recent coaching vacancies and waiting to see how those situations play out. That is always a fear that comes with committing early.