Skip to main content

Reply to "What to expect at camps?"

@johnlanza posted:

What's his graduation year? (EDIT: I see now that he's a 2024)
Do you know if other baseball programs besides the host schools will be in attendance?
Has your son had any direct contact with the schools that may be attending the camp?

Okay, I realize I only answered your question with questions. But without know a little bit of information, the generic answer of "It depends" would be the answer to your question.

There are great programs at all levels (D1, D2, D3, NAIA, JUCO), but being a 2024, there will be different interest levels from each program level (and even within each program level) because each level seems to have a slightly different recruitment timeline.

If a relationship has been established with either of the programs you mentioned, I'm thinking there would be a chance to further those relationships due to attending the camp - Not guaranteed, but at least a chance.

One camp will have other schools in attendance and one is strictly the school - no outside colleges.  Son has had direct contact with both schools this summer and just saw/spoke with one RC on campus this past Sunday while attending a fall scrimmage. They talked about the upcoming camp too.

He is really focused on the top D1 schools on his list right now because he knows that they are actively recruiting 2024's but he has corresponded and started building relationships with a variety of different schools. He really got some good momentum from this summer and fall recruiting wise and it's been busy!  2024 is a 6'5", 175# RHP sitting 86-88, hitting 90-91, with 4 total pitches for good command.  He also is the starting SS on his HS team and plays some OF and 3rd, in addition to pitching, on his travel team and hits around .375.

These two camps will be his first camp experiences though. We didn't do all the PG/PBR individual showcases and camps with all the various schools attending.  We/he waited until he was ready to "show" and get some real interest from schools and decided to focus on school camps - at schools he was interested in and showed mutual interest.