Skip to main content

Reply to "What To Expect At The Next Level?"

A few comments on D3 pitching. My son finished high school last year, did summer ball with other college players -- D3, JuCo, and some D1 -- and it went well. It was not a big adjustment for him. His high school team was not particularly good, but they played against some of the top teams in the area. He faced a few pitchers who were hitting 90mph. Most were not.

Same with the summer league. Most of the pitchers were in the low to mid 80s. Control still an issue for many of them. The fall schedule at his D3 college was pretty light. They played a double header against a good community college team, and I'd say the pitching was about the same for both teams in those games. My son got a couple of hits and had pretty good at bats. As a freshman -- a good, but still developing player -- he is quite comfortable with the level of play.

Now it's winter break and he's working with his baseball  tutor three times a week and going to the gym almost every day. He wants to go into the Spring season at the top of his game and earn some decent playing time.