Skip to main content

Reply to "What velocity is necessary to get onto a college roster at certain schools?"

Great research 2019DAD, very valuable.  My son had the opportunity to play with & against many of these guys in HS and with Trosky Baseball.   Many of these guys are >6'4" and have unique mechanics which lead to incredibly smooth deliveries & ball movement from out of nowhere.  This is just from my limited observation & i am not an expert on delivery or mechanics. But what I do know from experience....(Son was actively recruited by 10 of above schools)  Velocity gets you noticed and on a College Roster for Fall Ball freshman year.  But, that is only the beginning my friends.   The ability to transition to the college level in the classroom and  daily time management (with am weight training, class, practice & studying & eating if you want to gain weight) and MOVEMENT OF THE BALL & ability to paint the corners of the Zone gets you on the Spring College Roster ~ when it really matters. Once there, having the ability to keep up with class when you are traveling & off campus the first 20 of 25 days of the season AND staying healthy keeps you on the mound!

Of the 22 Freshman on son's Roster from Fall of 2014, only 12 remain in 2016