Skip to main content

Reply to "What velocity is necessary to get onto a college roster at certain schools?"

PGStaff posted:

It is extremely misleading that Ivy League schools don't attend and follow and recruit at PG events. They even attend our top events. Truth is we see all of them during the year,several of them attend multiple events.  I think they all suscribe to our scouting service.  I would argue, and it has been this way for many years, there are a lot more PG players at Ivy League colleges than anyone else, maybe more than all others combined.

It is not as high a percentage of players as the power conferences, but to say they don't follow PG closely would be false.   Must remember the academic requirements include a very small percentage of players, but they still want the most talented kids they can find.

my 2 cents since i saw it happen a couple weeks ago in ft Myers underclass WWBA, a ivy league school was at our game from beginning to about the 6th inn, most of  the staff and coaches knew him and he was talking to our coaches before the game, asking about GPAs and such , he was standing on the opps team side that we were playing, i didn't know it at the time but he was scouting/watching  my son, i guess he got his attention,now when my son hit a 2run  bomb to deep center  , he really was interested to where he went up to the PG score keeper to find out my sons info and it just  happen to be  some parents from our team sitting there and he starting going back and fourth asking my kids GPA and how he liked my son catching /hitting , since my sons GPA  was good he liked it even more, when this Coach was leaving he passed by me and gave a compliment about my kid that was huge. now we were not  thinking about IVY's  B4 this , but now we are LOL.