Skip to main content

Reply to "What Was Your Best Day in Baseball?"

Well, one of the worst turned into one of the best, as I've aged.

When 1Bson was about 4, we were starting to play with the kiddie baseball set. And we were almost ready to graduate to a real glove. Well, my loving Father in law bought him his first glove before I got to. I was so ticked off...boy was I mad. Now, some 15 years later, grandpa is pretty sick and that glove is still in 1Bsons room...Now it's a big deal the other way. I'm glad grandpa was able to do it. I've also informed all my children that I will be purchasing 1st gloves for all the grandkids that I better have some day.

The best day so far, was 1Bsons junior year. Finally worked his way into a starting spot on the varsity and was doing well. Had an 11 pitch at bat against a conference rival. I was standing next to the press box where the radio announcer was announcing the game. The announcer was talking about the Double and triple earlier in the game and that 1Bson had 3 RBI's already. Then he said..."He appears to be getting the timing down on this pitcher and is fouling off alot of pitches, I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit one out if he gets one he likes." Next pitch....a no doubter to left, 340 feet or so. Talk about busting the seams on your shirt!! That ball is still in the curio cabinet, properly signed!!

Hopefully we have more bests coming!!
Last edited by 1BDad