Skip to main content

Reply to "What Was Your Best Day in Baseball?"

Probably my "best day in baseball" story has to be relayed from my dad. It happened when I was about 2 Wink

My parents have told me more than once about our trip to the Field of Dreams in Iowa. Like I said, I was about 2 years old at the time, but baseball was old-hat by then for me. It always has been #1. So we're up at the Field of Dreams and there are some guys out there playing ball on the field. We end up down by the field and somehow I end up at homeplate. I've got one of those big fat plastic whiffle ball bats and one of the older kids tosses me a tennis ball. I hit it and run like crazy!

Now I vaguely remember this of course, but they told me (and knowing me, I believe it Wink) that my face was just lit up. I "got to play with the big boys."

I think that memory led to another experience that I had this summer at my cousin's birthday party. His sister and her husband have a kid who is 3 maybe.. well we ended up in the backyard with a whiffle ball and bat. I don't think he had really played with a ball much, but I could tell that he was loving it. And he was making contact some. I don't know what it was, but I just could not stop playing with him and my cousins.

Something about "baseball is for kids; adults just screw it all up"