Skip to main content

Reply to "What Was Your Son's College Freshman Experience Like?"

Thanks for the posts.  Lots of great information and some of it very eye-opening.  I don't want to hijack the tread and if needed, I can start a new topic.  My son will enroll and start classes on June 8.  I have a lot of interest in what to expect.  He has registered for his summer and fall classes.  He will be taking 6 hours in the summer and 15 in the fall.  His advisor spent a lot of time with him deciding on major of study and suggesting that he work a little harder in the fall to take some pressure off of the spring.  I was very impressed and we are very thankful that the school offers this type of help for the student-athlete.  He and I have talked a lot about what to expect and time management, etc.  I just think you probably have to be baptized by fire to truly understand.  I have given him all the information I have, now it's up to him to take it and run.  I know it will be a challenge, but I am ready to watch him grow into a young man and figure out how to handle life.  Hopefully, he will appreciate mom and dad a little more.