Skip to main content

Reply to "What would happen if?"

fenwaysouth posted:

Great point Teaching Elder.  I watched all three of my kids play ball and they were significantly better than I ever was or dreamed of being....I'll be the first to admit that.  Baseball was a love of mine but it never loved me back.   At the time, it never bothered me that my parents rarely came to my baseball games (not because I sucked) because that isn't what most parents did in the 70s.    On the other hand, I rarely missed any of my kids high school, travel or college games.  It is a vastly different parenting style today. 

...or fenway, you could just say that you under-achieved since its clear the genes were there.  

I sometimes wonder why my kids are so much better than I was - its either my under-achievement or the mamma's got the genes.  Neither one is in my favor.  

(BTW, your earlier story reminded me - our older son overslept for his first conditioning practice in college.  Not knowing what to do, the upperclassmen directed him towards the least hard-a$$ coach who said it was just between the two of them - and who assigned some extra conditioning 1-on-1 with him...just to make the point.  This didn't really stick as the longtime pitching coach (retired) saw me a week or so later and said, "I heard your boy overslept for day-1").  

Last edited by justbaseball