Skip to main content

Reply to "What would you do?"

If you are going to be  PO in college as a 2019 and you have not committed, you better go to Jupiter if arm is fine.  he will likely throw 1-2 faster just being there.

Some of the top top programs are finalizing the 2019 class for pitchers.  Something to shoot for if you are wanting ACC  SEC  , he needs to be sitting 88-90 with projection to 91-93   and have two other quality pitches... 

Can you "make" the team at LSU, Vandy, Louisville  with 88-90  sure you can if you have impeccable command.... if not playing time will be limited. 

Unlike mid level D1 or low D1, the high D1's need you to be able to contribute quickly as in freshman year.  They only have you for 2-3 years, not many sr's at Vandy for instance.  There's not a ton of time to get there.

IMHO,  his velo is not going to garner interest from top programs and I hate to see players take the commitment to high D1's and end up being at the low end of the roster taking a chance on getting cut, red shirted, transferring etc... that's a nightmare. 

Find the program where he can as you stated be the go to guy. 

Good luck ,  PM me if you want, I will be in Jupiter all week, would love to see him pitch.