Skip to main content

Reply to "What would you do or have done?"

RJM posted:
Francis7 posted:

I can't speak from experience.  But, several told me a long time ago that it's a waste of time to showcase or attend camps for schools that you can't make or have no interest in attending.  Sort of seems like common sense.

Tough call when you like the organization, team, kids, coaches, etc.  WWYD?  Me?  I think I would have to have a sit down with my son and suggest using that money towards something more beneficial to where he wanted to go.

Related, we thought my son's team was going to the 15U PG thing in GA this summer.  Team decided against it.  (Probably the right idea, given their talent and depth.)  Son was bummed.  But, I told him, better to bank that money and do something good with it, when ready and needed, than to spend it going to GA just to say you went to GA (and got pounded for a week).

Catching is a valuable commodity. Your son may be able to hook up with a team for a week headed for PG as an extra catcher. 

We thought about that for a bit.  It's very possible.  But, for now, we just took GA off the radar.  (He's already been asked, unofficially, about going to Ft. Myers in the fall by another team.  So, that may just take the place of it.  But, I can't think about the fall when the spring hasn't happened yet.  Too far away.)