Skip to main content

Reply to "What would you do or have done?"

Delayed Steal posted:

My son is a 2019 and committed to high academic D3 program.  Just went through the same process, and I think you are on the right track.  Your travel team can get some exposure through tourneys, but we found the targeted showcases to be the best exposure to HA programs.  Our travel team had a mix of ball players who committed to everything from elite D1 programs, Ivy league, HA D3s and JuCos.  It's hard for a travel club to support a schedule with exposure aligned to all players goals.  I'd suggest checking out HA showcases like Headfirst and PTW.   Once you find some matches and talk to coaches, your travel club can support with recommendations/follow ups.

Agree....but also think it depends on the school.  If you are hoping to play at a D1 or D2, your "hoping to play at school" and where you eventually end up will very likely be two different places...unless you're the kid that gets multiple offers and can essentially pick your school.  It's much easier to do that with a HA or a D3.  For one, they usually have a larger roster and due to costs and no scholarships, may have a more limited number of kids hoping to play there.  The OP doesn't mention what level his son is looking at....I think that may help a little in trying to answer his question on whether tourneys or showcases is best for his son to get noticed.