Skip to main content

Reply to "What would you do or have done?"

PABaseball posted:

The biggest takeaway from this is that the players are not on the A team. Which is fine, but unless they're part of a power program (Canes, Scorpions, EC, 643) it tells me that they will be targeting D2, D3, JUCOs. The recruiting for that pool will take place during the summer heading into their senior year all the way into the fall months. If that is the case I wouldn't worry too much about the showcasing and camps. I would focus more on getting reps in and finding a team that will be a good fit a year and a half from now. 

That's not necessarily true.  My son was on what would be considered the "B team" of a very good organization here in Ohio his 17U summer.  Almost every kid on his team ended up at a D1,  though obviously with fewer options than some of the guys on the "A" team.  I guess my point was that my son went into that year knowing that he would be limited...and that his "favorites" were probably not going to be an option.   When I say "favorites" I mean with regard to baseball.  He knew he was going to be a business major, likely in marketing, and he had no interest in high academics, so for him, if he liked the baseball program, and got a decent offer, almost any school would have at least been in the conversation with regard to where he would end up.